Welcome to Sixties Beat

SIXTIES BEAT was created to make available of all, forty personal years archives, cases of discs and CDS, photographs, Musical magazines, press cutting, posters etc
Sixties Beat is entirely dedicated in " British and Américan Music " the 50's, 60's and 70's.
Thank you for your visit and see you soon on SIXTIES BEAT.

PhIl Taylor

pretty

pretty

sb

sb

Don't miss the story - read the comment!


 

13 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Some of you are disturbed by changes right now on the blog. I owe you explanations: of course, to those for whom this blog is intended and who appreciate it. For several years, the blog has been regularly bombarded by robots. These robots load data for a certain time, often several days in a row, days and nights. These robots are mainly looking for photos or magazines. This didn’t really bother me for some time. Now we are dealing with a new generation of robots guided, of course, by artificial intelligence. The power of these robots is much higher than that of the old ones. I frequently see more than 50,000 connections from these robots in 24 hours. These robots come to get material from independent blogs to distribute it on sites that have a huge storage and distribution capacity. There’s nothing we can do about it. There’s no way to stop them from coming. Nor of the regions in the form of diffusion as it was up to a few days. Now, it’s no longer occasional, as you can see on the visit counter. It’s becoming increasingly annoying. I’m not opposed to sharing, otherwise I wouldn’t have created this blog. That’s usually the logic of bloggers. It should be noted that some (bloggers), by the way, still have not made the decision to share their address using a link with other similar blogs. Search for yourself. But let’s return to our topic today. Under current conditions, these robots become unacceptable to me. So, I decided to publish the press clippings, photos and magazines in lowercase to make them unreadable on the blog page. The downloadable documents for you are obviously in the correct reading format. For any offer to upload, I have decided to provide a password. This represents an additional burden for me. I didn’t want to cause you any trouble with that. I know that in general, you don’t appreciate these methods, and neither do I. I even got called a "whore." Thank you to that one, who will recognize himself... I’m sure of it. All this is my weapon to discourage these robots and find normal connections on the blog. I hope this will be sufficiently dissuasive for them. I have also decided to make block posts. Until now, I had published each volume of the boxed set one by one, thinking that it was a way to retain readers of the blog. It was a positive experience, no doubt for me. Nevertheless, everything has an end. Time is running out, I have published 23,477 documents so far since 2011. Nothing lasts forever, except for the British psychedelic... ah! Ah! Ah! And of course, I’m not either. So, everything might stop at any moment, given my age. It can also happen at any time of my own will. I will do my best to hold out as late as possible. I also thought of ending by making myself happy, and I hope you will share this pleasure. From now on, we will live in an extraordinary world, moving away from today’s one. We love this era for its nostalgia, but above all for its music. So let’s make room for the imagination, such as this world of music was, by trying with weak means to reinvent it in order to escape into it with our own weak means.
    Friendship
    Phil

    Ps:
    To my detractors (who will recognize themselves)
    First of all: to say hello (This does not cause any harm to anyone)
    Explain your criticisms correctly. I am not opposed to criticism.
    Be courageous in your actions. Don’t forget to sign your messages.

    2 – To others: I am neither your dog nor your wife (to whom I am now certain, you speak in the same tone). So, please, stop your messages in this style.
    LINK! - ????? – Password, etc.

    In order not to be confused with the first two categories, please use a name or nickname to sign your messages. From now on, I no longer respond to anonymous requests.
    I want to express my gratitude to all those who actively participate in the life of the blog by expressing their opinions on the posts, whether favorable or unfavorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said, well done, Phil and fully understood. Keep on the good work and don't take the blame of others on you, it's caused by others, so they are to blame! Thxs for the work! Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sharing Phil, I may be a lurker and rarely, if ever, comment, but that does not mean that I don't appreciate your sharing.
    Please do not stop, or at least not until you get all of the Rockfile shares up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apachenf, I understand that too and in general there is always goodwill in the silent majority

      Delete
  4. Phil. Whatever you decide to do in the future, thanks very much for the treasure trove of wonderful music you've shared. I thought I knew a lot about 60's music until I found your blog. All the very best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rest assured, CrazyAl as long as the rock gods are with me I will not abandon you. I owe you all my respect and it was normal for me to give you explanations.

      Delete
  5. Your blog is a gold mine for the kind of music I like. I would need more than one life to send you all the thanks I was too lazy to write these last years.
    Keep on as long as possible :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That "whole lifetime" is mine, too. I was twelve when my older brother gave me albums by the Animals and the Beach Boys for Christmas. In middle school, a classmate told me about the Rolling Stones; a month later, I owned every record of theirs that was available. I’ve spent my entire life constantly discovering new things. I couldn't just keep it all to myself selfishly. Thanks, Robert—keep enjoying it; I’ve still got some great stuff in my cupboards.

      Delete
    2. Hi Phil. Thanks for sharing and I hope you will continue regardless of the robots. All the best Bo

      Delete
    3. Hi Bostig. I think the bots are unavoidable. If I can't manage to throw them off track and make them leave empty-handed using this method, I'll get rid of the passwords that are such a headache for all of us.

      Delete
  6. I agree, times are a changin'. Do what makes you feel good i always say and what you do makes me feel good. Your shares and hard work are very much appreciated. thanks once more Phil.

    ReplyDelete